Monday, December 17, 2012

"SEASON HIGHWAYS" ...

 
Once upon a time this was me, moving
 

 
and this was my DAD, saying goodbye..

 
along with my MOM...

 
I never have had a dog, but in this story there was POOCHIE...

 
and so they said goodbye... instead of me being the one to drive off...

 
It was them...
 
 
So my story goes they traveled down the highway south for another season....
 
and the travelers moved on...
 
"I believe that man's noblest endowment is his capacity to change."  Leonard Bernstein
 
I"m grateful that my parents have the capacity to change.  I admire them for the journey that they take down the road called "LIFE." 
 
If someone told me I had cancer would I be able to take that journey to the unknown with qualities my parents have took on, both as a caregiver and a patient?
 
Qualities such as: 
 
STRENGTH
COURAGE
PATIENCE
FAITH
ACCEPTANCE
GOOD ATTITUDE
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
BRAVERY
THE WILLINGNESS TO ACCEPT CHANGE
 
No matter what road we have to travel or the season we are in, it can be difficult, discouraging, and scary to have to face the unknown. 
 
but....
 
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives.  It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."  Charles Darwin
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment