Friday, July 19, 2013

Jesus, my soul's in your hands

How do you put into words the feelings of a 4 year journey (cancer), a 65 year journey (Dad's life) or a 40 year journey (my life with Dad)?  I guess I haven't blogged because they are so tender...

The last week and half of my Dad's life, I hope to never forget.  He taught me so much about life.  I feel so blessed to been apart of the "PUTTER TEAM" (Mom, Dana, Sandra) to be able take care of  him, and share in his experiences, and of his last days on earth. 

Maybe latter I will tell more of this experience but for now....

Visitation- (is what it is called when there is no body to view, since Dad was cremated, we had a visitation.) Dad wanted a ice cream party since that was his favorite and he ate it almost every single night.  So we had a ice cream party with chocolate almonds, and socialized.  We had lots of pictures and things that Dad has worked on and created over his life time.  " A walk down memory lane" is what we called it.

Funeral- was done by family...

Dad's last ride in EZ...
 
He loved this truck and worked so hard in restoring it!


 
Mom wanted to ride with Dad and the grand kids to the cemetery.

 
Oliver and Danny was the Pallbearers.

 
So sweet Danny and Olivia hugging.

 
United Mine Workers Tribute..

 
Military Honors..

 
Logan and Maddi
 
 
Our family

 
Dad and Mom's Posterity..

 
PUTTER TEAM

 
Mom saying her goodbyes.

 
Olivia

 
Dad's favorite saying..
 
"Wherever you go
There you are"
 
The box he was buried in held Mom and Dad's love letters for 40 some years.  They had lots of love letters since Dad had been in the Wyoming National Guard for 6 years.  Mom kept the letters.

 
This song was also played at the graveside.  Shortly before my Dad died he told my Mom this song was his story.
 
Kris Kristofferson — Why Me Lord lyrics
 
verse 1:
why me lord?
what have i ever done,
to deserve even one,
of the pleasure i've known,
tell me lord,
what did i ever do,
that was worth lovin' you,
for the kindness you've shown,

chorus:
lord help me Jesus,
i've wasted it so help me Jesus,
i know what i am,
but now that i know,
that i needed you so help me Jesus,
my souls in your hand,

verse 2:
try me lord,
if you think there's a way,
i can try to repay,
all i've takin' from you,
maybe lord,
i can show someone else,
what i've been through myself,
on my way back to you,

chorus (x2)

Jesus, my soul's in your hands
 
Love you Dad...
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment