Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What a nice family picture ; )


Have you ever had a day like this?

We thought we were taking a nice family picture.
We set up the camera just right, on the van...
and
We got a great picture (other than, it was Logan that set up the camera and he forgot to compensate for his height.)  That's why the upper part of his face is not in the picture.  


So then we thought we would try it again.  It was a bit better but to try again this day the kids weren't having it. So this is are nice family portrait ; ) 

This is how I feel like my day has started out.  Taking a test at 12 am that took me tell 1:30 am up by 6:30 to get Logan and Maddi off to work (helping a friend in Evanston) piano @ 8:00 breakfast, studying a minute, and then to try and relax a min ( by doing this) then off to take two finals @ 10:30.  I realize that that was the longest sentence ever, but hey that's how the cookie crumbles.  I'm happy I get to finish my semester TODAY! Yippee....  So with my wanting everything to be perfect and knowing they and I can't be.  I need to remember this...  and apply it to mothering, being a wife, college student, and all the other hats that I wear by being a women .....

"FAILURE IS THE OPPORTUNITY TO BEGIN AGAIN MORE INTELLIGENTLY."  Henry Ford

Just like this picture wasn't perfect, it also wasn't a failure, it was an opportunity to begin again!  Thank goodness for these opportunities that come to us several times in a day and in every season of life we are in. 

1 comment:

  1. Your "nice" family picture could make the Ellen Degeneres show "What's wrong with this picture"
    segment. I laughed and laughed. Good work on your blog.

    ReplyDelete