Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Looking at a situation with a new perspective

My Mom donating blood

Logan, THE BLOOD SUCKER, and me

Looking at a situation with a new perspective
This was my first time that I got to donate blood.  I never new the importance of it until 2 years ago when my Dad started receiving blood and platelets. So here is a big hug and THANK YOU to all those who can and do donate!!

DON'T BE A PRISONER

I admit sometimes living here in GREEN ACRES I feel as if I am a prisoner in our own home.  It's either to cold outside, to windy, or the mosquito's will just pack you away.  Not being a fan of mosquito's (I'm not sure if there is anyone, that is) I took the plunge and went out last night to swing with my Mom and sure enough in 5 min I think I might of got bit 50 times ( a slight exaggeration perhaps) but it feels close to the truth.  One of my bites swelled up, that darn mosquito ate my flesh and must of took some serious blood.  Any more bites like that and I might need a transfusion soon.  But I want to choose not to be a prisoner and take what comes.  Just wish all this fogging and airplane spraying would kill them instead I think it just makes them hungrier and bigger;0}

No comments:

Post a Comment