Monday, April 8, 2013

Goodbyes


How do you say GOODBYE, when you don't know when that is???





 
 
When will the last word be spoken
 
The last touch, touched
 
Laughter that filled the air, now full of silence
 
When will the last breath, be took
 
 
How do you carry on with "normal" daily activities and duties that must be done, knowing that it might just be the last, goodbye?? 
 
Suddenly somethings that I thought were so important, are not.  Somethings that I thought just had to get done, don't really need too, and life feels so fragile....
 
My heart feels broken into a million shards of glass!  Ever so painful!
 
When will Goodbye, come?
 
 
When the Goodbye does come, may we hold tight to the day when we can embrace the hello!
 
I love you Dad, and I'm so sorry you are suffering, may our Goodbyes come soon.
 
Until then, Sandra


 

1 comment:

  1. I have nothing that comes close to what you are going through. But what I know is that you, Dana and your mom are "steadfast" in your love and commitment to your dad. Because of his suffering may that goodbye be granted soon. May that anticipated hello be what gives you all the strength you will need when the last word is spoken. I love you Sandra (and family) and pray for you to be strong in this very difficult time.sw

    ReplyDelete