Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DO YOU REMEBER YOUR FIRST?

Do you remember your first?  Well, this girl does!
In this case it was not just one first but two:
This is Olivia gearing up.
The hands you see are dads.

and this is the tool...

SUCCESS TWO TEETH CAME OUT!!

Thank goodness for the wash rag.

How can you resist this: It makes me laugh :)

and there you have it.  Olivia's first and second tooth coming out in one night.  Actually back to back.  I have to say she is a brave girl.  I had tried earlier in the evening and she told me I wasn't very good.  That she would wait for Dad to get home "He is better at it."  How does she know?  That was my first try and her first time being the patient.  Although, she has seen dad work his magic with the other two.  Watching Olivia takes me back to all the firsts in life.  How you are excited, scared, anxious, full of wonder.  How you have to build up the courage, and strength to do "that first time thing".  I'm proud of Olivia.  It is not always easy, but she embraced it and went for it.  She did it and was so proud of herself.  She couldn't wait to show everyone...  So I need to remember this life lesson, when I am feeling anxious and stressed to try something new.  Think Olivia and those two cute teeth or lack of now.  Thanks for teaching mom some important life lessons.    l

No comments:

Post a Comment