Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"BEAUTY"

 
Beauty:
Beauty is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure or satisfaction.[1] Beauty is studied as part of aesthetics, sociology, social psychology, and culture. An "ideal beauty" is an entity which is admired, or possesses features widely attributed to beauty in a particular culture, for perfection.[citation needed]
The experience of "beauty" often involves an interpretation of some entity as being in balance and harmony with nature, which may lead to feelings of attraction and emotional well-being.[citation needed] Because this can be a subjective experience, it is often said that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."[2]
There is evidence that perceptions of beauty are evolutionarily determined, that things, aspects of people and landscapes considered beautiful are typically found in situations likely to give enhanced survival of the perceiving humans genes.
CANCER:
Cancer Listeni/ˈkænsər/, known medically as a malignant neoplasm, is a broad group of various diseases, all involving unregulated cell growth.
 
How does Beauty and Cancer MESH?
 
Finding beauty in the C word= Joy *KILLER (Lynne Knowlton) is not an easy task!
 
My dad's cancer is back, not that it has ever went away it's just been at bay for awhile.  So my heart has been quite heavy for a month or so.  How do you find beauty in such desperate heart breaking times.  YOU LOOK FOR IT!
 
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
 
Monday I got to go to the ER in Evanston with my parents, which lasted 7 hours, and then he was transported to Salt Lake City to the Huntsman.  In those 7 hours I looked for beauty, and you know what?  I found it!
 
I found beauty in watching my mom and dad, watching my dad fight to breathe, to live, to be able to have one more day; and my mom right beside him!  I found beauty in their relationship, how they interacted with each other, how they laugh with each other, how they handle this huge trial.  They do it... TOGETHER!
 
I realized how much laughter can bring to the table.  As heartbreaking as the situation was and is my dad's humor makes things lighter. He had us laughing so hard, had mom almost in tears, you know the kind that makes your body move all over :)   The kind that makes your stomach hurt.  You know the good kind, the one that is good for the soul!
 
Even with needles, monitors, oxygen, tests, and more of everything.... Oh the groaning, the sweating, the delusions (from being dehydrated) the whole packaged deal... In that moment I found beauty!  
 
Thanks Mom and Dad for helping me see.... There is more to cancer....
 
PS.  This is for you Mom and Dad:  "I put the C word right up there in the same category as an enema.  Or drinking goat urine."  Lynne Knowlton
 
Know you are loved and inspire me!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment