Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Don't look BACK, it's a WRAP

Part two of the fair:
This year we put in these items, and how fun we all got blue ribbons. The picture Maddi made in 2nd grade in Coral Canyon Elementary in a art class. The tractor Danny made for Logan for Christmas 2010.  The little spaghetti bowl and the birds Olivia made in what she calls Harry Pottery. Then there is me.... I made the bowl on the wheel at pottery.  I must say it was a stretch for me, but I did it and it was fun and messy.  Not too bad for my very first pot... 

The kids, Savannah and Annie dressed up like clowns for the parade.  Maddi pulled Olivia in the buggy, Danny and Annie rode their bikes and Savannah roller bladed and helped Maddi, by pushing the buggy.

They had fun and looked cute doing it.  They also Won 2nd place winning $25 dollars! 

They had a 5k and I ran in it....
This is Brooke and I finishing the 3.2 miles we ran....

Crossing the finish line.  I have to say this is something that continually got my butt moving this winter.  I thought about this race often and it helped me stay focused on my goal.. Although the winter was extremely long, and it's hard to get motivated and keep warm, I looked forward to the summer and running in a race.  I  finished with my personal best 39:03. My goal was to beat 45min and to run the whole thing.  YIPPEE I did both.  It was fun and it's nice to feel a sense of accomplishment.  It seems like there are days you don't get that.  Like for instants the dishes are never done, the laundry is never done, cleaning and so on....

Savannah is in the red, she is a little speedster...  There where three groups of people running and Savannah was in the first group.  She for sure has that Peart gene. Fast and long stride running.  It looks so natural for them.

Some of the paparazzi.. Dana and Emma took some pictures and gave encouragement.

I must say it was a great week of fair.  Lots of fun things to do.   I'm glad that the kids got to participate in so many things and loved every minute of them.  However, it is known that after the fair school begins and life changes as we know it.  A reminder not to look back but know that the summer, It's a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment